Location, Building material, Unit size and Lease period of the property. In Ghana, location creates a significant differentiation factor in determining prices. Therefore, a property in the capital city/ urban business districts increases the prices whereas those outside the capital or the northern part of Ghana cost significantly low.
Real estate companies and individual estate developers usually request a deposit within a range of 20 to 30 per cent as deposit when buying a house.
The property owner bears the full cost of the property tax to be incurred until the final ownership has been transferred to the prospective home buyer.
By law, it is required for home buyers to pay fees to key institutions such as the Lands Commission, Metropolitan Assembly and seldom the community elders. These fees may vary depending on the type and location of the property.
Under the Value Added Tax 2013, (Act 870), all businesses involved in the construction and sale of immovable property will be charged a 17.5% tax. This will be added to the bill to be borne by the buyer.
Yes. However, you have to make a 2.5 - 5% per cent deposit of the value involved to show commitment to property owner
From experience as real estate professionals, it is prudent to undertake an initial and final inspection to ensure that the property is still in the same condition it was when you negotiated the agreement. Specifically, you should check that all the fixtures and fittings included in the contract are still present and in a sellable state.
In Europe and America, a cooling off period (usually within weeks) is granted after signing and exchanging the purchase agreement to decide if they definitely want to proceed. In Ghana, there is no regulation for or against it. However, some developers do provide some time for their buyers to make a final decision after they have signed a purchase agreement. You can also personally arrange that if you deem it necessary.
Based on the information you provide (value of property, time spread, interest rate, etc.) – it automatically generates the monthly payments by specific mortgage lenders. Each mortgage lender has provided all quotes, rates, fees and charges in the mortgage lender list. Therefore, you can generate information with specific mortgage lender’s rates to fit your loan request.
As the name suggests, transfer of ownership of a property is any legal means by which the ownership of a property changes hands. In most countries including Ghana, the whole process can be daunting, therefore bringing in the support from an expert who is familiar with legal documents and legislation can make the process easier.
You can use this calculator to compare options of renting versus buying a home in both the short-term and long-term. It also generates the annual increase in a home value to determine how much a property must increase in value each year to perform as well as the rental option.
The process requires technical knowledge and skills in order to gain objective results. It is usually advisable to hire neutral experts to value your property to make a objective decision.
Yes, if you're buying a property, it's a highly recommended that you obtain a property inspection and make your purchase offer based on the findings of the inspection.
Yes. We have worked with many home buyers living abroad. Our operating procedures are designed to suit individuals and groups who either living in or outstide Ghana
At SellRent, our aim is to make property acquisition a stress-free and fun experience. Therefore, we require our clients to trust our team to do the necessary responsibility in order to live your everyday lifestyle.
No. We work closely with different mortgage lenders with diverse terms and conditions to meet your unique financing needs.
Yes. You have to pay a non-refundable security deposit to show your commitment. Many developers have flexible payment plans for buyers spread over the period of construction. Usually developers (esp. high end developers) give discounts for off-plan purchase.
Usually, if you provide all the necessary information to our professionals, we work with you to set timelines to find the suitable properties that suits you needs.
At SellRent, the relationship we create with our clients is based on our professionalism and the quality of information we give our clients. Thus entrust a huge responsibility on us to make all their decisions in acquiring a new property. We also continue to make giant strides in the industry in attract the best property owners and properties to meet specific needs of our clients.
These documents include a copy of the tenancy agreement (spells out all the terms and conditions of the entire transaction), official receipts of the rent paid and the real estate agency agreement which is to be completed, signed and returned to the agent and owner within the required time frame. You will also receive a receipt for the initial rent deposit, rent fees paid as security deposit as well as copies of access keys.
Any agreed handovers must be done correctly and legally - you should contact the property owner/agent as soon as possible and let them know what you want to do. You should also be aware that your agent or owner has no automatic obligation to agree to your request to renew tenancy even when it might be state initially. A new person should not move into the property until a final inspection has been carried out and the necessary arrangements are made with your owner to complete agreement.
This tax falls under personal income tax/rent tax and it is paid by the property owner. This tax is paid by rent income earners on the gross amount earned in a year of assessment. The rate of tax is 8% on the gross rent income.
The Rent Act (Act 220) of 1963 was established for monitoring and establishment of guidelines relating to the monitoring of landlords and tenants relations. Common law and customary laws of Ghana also apply. The Rent Control Division is the primary authority responsible for resolving disputes between landlords, tenants, and other persons with interests in premises. We encourage our clients to treat the rent agreement (which spells out all terms and conditions) with the necessary attention in order to avoid any litigation in the future.
SellRent has real estate professionals whose main role is to market properties. How does it work?
- A SellRent real estate agent is chosen by a buyer to establish a shortlist of properties that meet their specific requirements or needs.
- Once this list has been developed, the agent takes the client to inspect the selected properties and negotiate the purchase price on the buyer's behalf or possibly with the buyer.
- There is a fee for using a real estate agent, but the main advantage is the professional advice, having several choices of properties and it also saves the buyer’s time from having to look at unsuitable properties.
To make the process easier for property owners, you can email/call us or click on the ‘List Your Property’ button on the homepage to enter the property details. You will receive a follow up call from us to inspect and verify the information provided.
You are required to create an account when submitting a property. You can always re-login with the same information to edit or remove an already submitted property to us. Otherwise you can email us or call us to make changes
Securing a home loan from mortgage providers is probably one of the most daunting tasks throughout the process of acquiring your dream property. However, it remains one of the most critical factors in making your dream home a reality.
The first step is being aware of the home loan application process - the documents and information you may be asked to provide along the way can ensure a smooth experience.
- Step 1: Research – See what is available: The first thing you'll want to do is research the type of mortgage rates available from different mortgage lenders. Home loans sometimes differ significantly and you will want to factor several considerations - including fixed or variable rates, payment plans, spread and other terms and conditions into your final decision. Also set yourself a budget and determine the amount of money you need to borrow considering your financial background. This stage will be beneficial to your final decision especially if you are still looking around for the ideal property. The pre-approval stage can last for up to three months and can help you move more quickly once you have found your dream property.
- Step 2: Documentation – Pin it Down: During this application stage, you'll be asked for several pieces of information and documentation. This includes showing that you are credit worthy – having enough savings to cover the deposit on your property and other fees that may be applicable. The process may vary significantly depending on whether you are self-employed or an employee. If you are self-employed, you may be asked to show tax returns, business bank statements and other financial information from the past three years, while anyone who is employed will need to show evidence of their payslips.
- Step 3: Talk to SellRent - Finding the dream property: We believe buying a property is a real unique and an individual experience. Also, since buying a property is a long-term investment you have to use the right information and facts to make a final decision. You must consider factors such as location, age of the property, lease hold, size of the unit or house and your own long-term plans - for example, you may be looking resell at a later date. Once you've found a home that appears to meet your requirements, you'll need to ensure the relevant inspections are carried out.
- Step 4: Make your initial payment: Buying from an individual developer or a real estate company usually involves a non-refundable payment of 0.25% as a holding deposit within a specified period if it is accepted. During this period, as the property is held exclusively for you until an initial deposit between 5% - 30% has been paid, it is important to use this period to complete signing all relevant contracts and agreements.
- Step 5: Processing your home loan: At all stages of this process, it is important to ensure your mortgage lender remains informed – this will quicken the home loan disbursement if they are aware of all the details. This information includes the contact details of your property owner, solicitor, real estate agent as well as a copy of the contract of sale. Once a valuation has been carried out by and all the other documents have been received and processed, your mortgage lender will grant formal approval on your home loan and the documents will be sent to you. At this time, you will need to sign these documents and return them. The time frame may vary significantly depending on the mortgage lender.
This info is found under the Mortgage section http://goo.gl/Ieik09
It Includes mortgage provider, government and other fees associated with the loan quote submitted by the lender. This may also include third party fees.
If circumstances change, please be proactive to notify your mortgage lender to develop a plan that suits your background.
If circumstances change, please be proactive to notify your mortgage lender to develop a plan that suits your current background.
Applicants are required to contribute a deposit of at least 20% of the property value towards the purchase.
- Home Purchase Mortgage This type of mortgage is designed to assist individuals and groups in buying a property for their own use or for rental. The borrower is usually expected to make a minimum 15% down payment and the bank will provide a loan equivalent to a maximum 85% of the purchase price with a term of 15 years.
- Home Equity Mortgage This mortgage is designed for individuals and groups who already own property to release equity in that property in order to improve their liquidity. Only people or companies that already have properties which are fully paid for or are currently financed may apply for this mortgage.
- Home Completion Mortgage This type of mortgage is for individuals and groups who need a loan to complete the construction of their home. The house could have been initially funded by the owners own money, their employer, bank or another mortgage company.
- Home Improvement Mortgage This loan is designed to help existing owners to improve their property or business premises. It is similar to the home equity mortgage above, except the loan must strictly be used on the designated purpose.
Yes. You must communicate with your bankers or one of the leading mortgage lenders in Ghana for more information.
The financing of your home is very important, yet a daunting and difficult experience. We advise you start the process early whilst you are looking at suitable properties.
Credit worthiness- your ability to repay the loan amount.
- Completed application form
- Proof of Income – Last 3 months (Pay-slips)
- Proof of Employment (last 2 years)
- Proof of Identity - Passport, Driver’s
- License, Voters’ Identity Card
- Proof of Residence
- Offer letter from developer (For Home Purchase,
- Developer Construction & Employee Mortgage Scheme).
- Valuation Report (by Bank’s Valuers)
- Bill of Quantities, Building Plan & Building Permit (for home improvement & developer construction)
- Property Title Documents e.g. Land Title Certificate (To initiate title search)
- Property and Life insurance
- Company Profile
- Certificate of Incorporation/Registration
- Certificate to Commence Business
- Audited Accounts - Financial Statements (income and expenditure accounts and balance sheet) for the last 3 years
- Bank Statements for last 12 months
- Tax clearance certificate
We have hundreds of residential and commercial properties with detailed information under the browse properties option or the search bar.
Our brokers will follow-up with you in less than 24 hours to find out more about your property needs and set timelines together.
SellRent offers other related services such as; property management, valuation, market research and project management.
Yes. You can choose from the profiles of the list of real estate brokers for guidance and support throughout the entire process.
A featured listing is a property that appears at the top of the page on SellRent website for owners interested in extra exposure for their property.
Yes. From experience, we have identified most people living outside Ghana are not able to entrust their properties to their families and friends to manage. Therefore, we reach out to such owners to manage, sell or rent their properties. SellRent will collaborate with you/ your trustees to get the necessary information in order to liase with our clients.
At SellRent, securing a property that meets your needs is our topmost priority. There is an upfront processing fee and a brokerage commission charged when a successful sale/lease is made.
SellRent are brokers of residential and commercial properties in Ghana looking to make property acquisition a fun and stress-free experience by providing home buyers/renters/investors with tools and information to make smart decisions.