What to look out for in a new property
When you’re thinking of buying a property, your requirements will vary depending on your personal circumstances and on the sort of property you wish to buy. Once you have found the property of your dreams, you may want to pause for a while and reflect before making an offer or signing on the purchase agreement.
Lookout for the following when buying a property:
- Draft a timeline to work with throughout the entire process
- Get a relative, friend or trustee (preferably a lawyer) to run your decisions with
- If you are applying for a home loan, start the process now
- Contact SellRent to find you suitable properties to choose from
- Get other individuals to inspect the property in your favour.
- Hire experts to do land and property search with the lands commission and other relevant authorities to ensure you have full permission.
- Are there any long-term costs or issues such as corporate fees, compensations and lease renewal costs?
- What is the lease period of the property you are buying?
- Does the entire house, including alterations, have the required authority permits?